Are you a woman interested in knowing what you need to do to excel in the business world?
Perhaps, you’ve been thinking about the differences between female and male entrepreneurs and wondering if men have a more natural knack for entrepreneurship. Maybe you thought you should model what’s working for men in the hope it will work for you? Or are you wondering if you should play up your feminine qualities and do something that is unique to women, in order to excel?
As a leadership advocate and female entrepreneur myself, I believe you must have a mix of masculine and feminine energy in any business or venture to make it truly successful. And as women we can do many things in business similar to how our male counterparts would do them and yet in other ways we can do things that are distinctly different.
What I’ve found from working with both male and female clients who are excelling in their own right is that they have several commonalities. For example they all:
- Are self-disciplined
- Hold strong, clear visions about their future direction
- Have plans of action to support their vision
- Are decisive
- Use a mentor or a coaches to keep them on track.
Leading Ladies do all of that and then some. What I have noticed from observing and working with many of the world’s Leading Ladies is that in addition to these qualities they also:
- Create lifestyle businesses that encompass their whole self and their whole life
- Have a natural affinity for being of service
- Have strong, values-led businesses
- Tune in, turn on and tap into their intuition
- Above all value connection and community
- Measure success by the legacy they are living.
Who are the women in your life and your world who have inspired you?